Monday

In search of new fishing spot

As a fisherman, I am always in look out for new fishing spots. One of the website to do such research is the state website (NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation). The website contains stocking schedule and the amount of fish they stock per season. I was browsing through their website and found this small creek (Mill Creek) literally right next to my property in Adirondack. They stocked 3500 brook trout this year in that small creek.

Mill Creek offers native brook and stocked trout fly fishing. Mill Creek has a very healthy trout population even though it is very small creek due to heavy stocking and hold overs.

The water level was very low. It was my ankle level with alot of pools behind the rocks. It was extremely difficult to wade around the creek. I really didn't have any opportunity to fish in small creeks and it was nice change of scenery. I've caught 6 brookies in two days and took alot of pictures but my camera crapped out on me and can't read the images once got home. But as you can see from my picture, they were beautiful fish.



6 comments:

  1. what drawing? are you talking about the super realistic photo of the brown you uploaded? Beautiful fish, it’s almost moving. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My art school background dictated me to be realistic as possible. Thanks for your compliments.

    ReplyDelete