Sunday

From Itsube River, Japan














I procrastinated to upload the photos from my trip to Itsube River near Sapporo, so here they are. The river is long river deep in the woods of Hokkaido. To get to the good point, we hiked fast paced for nearly two hours. We took breaks along the way to cool off and throw a fly here and there. Fishing was good, mainly rainbows and iwana. I didn’t manage to catch anything big in size, but the beauty of the fish made up for the lack of size. We ate rice ball lunch along the creek bank, and the guide told me a funny story about an Englishman who peeled off the seaweed from the rice balls as he thought that was wrapping. Goye-san is an excellent guide who is supportive, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. He is one of those guides that gives you so much confidence that you actually fish better when you are with him. Prof. Hur who is an expert creek fisherman from Seoul taught me the basics on tight creek fishing. This was probably the most relaxing and pleasant day of the whole trip. I am sure I will find myself back in Japan to fish Hokkaido with my friends (this is an invite Charles!). Some places you go, and it stays with you forever.




















No comments:

Post a Comment