Saturday

Anna's first Tiger Trout

My angling buddy Anna and I hit the south branch of Big Flatbrook today. Exact spot where I caught tigers yesterday. Since this is Anna's first fishing outing for the year, I decided to be her guide for the day. We stopped by Van Campens Brook in the morning for quick admiration of its beauty and went straight for the tigers.

We struggled a little in the beginning but Anna got her groove and able to hook two beautiful tigers. She also endured some tough hiking in search of trout.

Good job Anna and congrat on your first tiger!




















































7 comments:

  1. Charles,

    Awesome blog and photos of our outing today! Thanks again for your professional guiding service and helping me land my first tiger trout! :) Today's catch will be included in my fishing journal as one of the most exciting days of my fishing career! Tight lines!

    Anna

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Anna! Hope to see more of you here fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hope to fish more often so I will have more to share on this blog. This is a great site with beatiful photos and wonderful blog so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tigers may take different shades depending on the water they live in food, etc. I've never seen them that dark before. Where I come from they take on a much more buttery hue like a brown trout.http://www.bouldermountainguide.com/i/Tiger%20Trout/IMG_1166-2-Tiger_Trout-640.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee! Welcome, you finally made it here. Lee is our Chicago's own famous fly fishing instructor & the head manager at Chicago Orvis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiger or no Tiger, I had the best time fishing last weekend! I noticed many different variations on the colors and stripes on Tiger trout. Thanks for the link, Lee. Whatever they were, they were beautiful fish! :)

    ReplyDelete