Saturday

Visit to a local trout pond

My friend Soboro & I visited a local trout pond this afternoon, located an hour outside of eastern Seoul. The day was a mild day for December in Korea, and we met a lot of familiar faces there. Soboro ended up catching the most trout this day, which was fun to watch. A lot of people come here to practice casting during the winter months, and catch big farm raised trout. They have a few trout in there they call “super trout”, which means they are the ones that’s in the 80-90cm size range. The trout pond had buildings in the shape of fruits (we sat inside a watermelon!) and there’s even a small section to buy tackle if you forgot to bring something. Everyone caught plenty of fish but more importantly it was a good time to catch up with friends and share stories about winter fishing to come.















3 comments:

  1. If I had the chance to go to Korea,
    please please please take me to this kind of pond!!!
    I really want to land a 90cm rainbow!!!
    And I can bring you to a pay pond near Taipei to catch a native fish named "烏溜". This kind fish is very easy to grow up more than 100cm.
    I take this as a reward, is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded like you and Soboro ahd a lot of fun today. That's too bad that I couldn't join. It is not as exciting as walking on the water and catch wild trout, but for the winter season, there is nothing more fun activity than fishing in the pond with good friends. I look forward to go fishing with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank, of course, we can go to many of these kind of ponds. They stock trout durng winter months, and bass and other game fish during warmer months. I can't wait to catch that 100c 烏溜!

    Ksanchun, we missed you brother. Let's go catch some fish for drink and talk about catching fish.

    ReplyDelete