Friday

Fishing, Car, Road trip...














These photos are not our cars, but it is amazing how our own cars have transformed since we started fishing. Most of us now drive SUVs, our car trunks are always filled with fishing gear, and our cars stink as we ride with wet waders on. The floors are always dirty with mud, our cup holders full of random flies, and it’s been a really long time since we got a car wash. Every time I have non angling friends or colleagues ride my car, I am generally apologetic, and ask them to watch where they sit as there might be hooks around. My friends who have been smart to buy pickups have it good, since they can just throw everything in the flatbed, still the inside cabin is still full of fishing stuff. I saw a Orvis advertisement for their Helios rods, and the photo shows this happy looking guy sleeping in his car, rods on the ceiling, and he has a big fat smile on his face. He looks like he’s either going to have a good day fishing, or just had one. I stared at that ad for a long while thinking, now that’s happiness. I have hope that some our friends will do that next year, travel thousands of miles, sleep in cold & uncomfortable cars, eat cold canned food for days, fish all day long for weeks, and be really happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment