Sunday

Christmas in Bahamas: Day 2

It was still dark outside. I let out a sigh “ahhhh shit!” as I was awakened by noise caused by heavy rain drops and hurricane like wind all around our cottage. I was too disgusted to look outside as the noise intensified as time went on. Only thing I can say to myself was “good thing you brought rain jacket” as though the rain jacket will magically make everything okay.















As per our itinerary, I went to main lodge to have our breakfast and wait for our guide to show up. As rain intensified, Patty made a statement: “you can’t possibly ask me to come with you right?” and I couldn’t possibly ask Patty to come along as I was debating myself whether or not I should go out to fish.













Around 8am, our guide Patterson aka: bootlegger (something to do with ancestor being one) showed up with his flat skiff and told us that the weather may or may not get better and it is entirely up to me to go fishing. At 8:05 we were off to go fishing. Patty decided to stay at the lodge and relax.

Bill who is the owner of the resort told us to take spinning rods as we won’t be able to fly fish under the condition.














Luckily, rain and wind subsided once we got to our first fishing spot. However, severe overcast didn’t allow us to spot any of bonefish on the flats. We decided to troll for barracudas and landed a decent size cuda within an hour of trolling.


























It was unbearable even for me to be on the boat so we decided to retire for the day. As I came back to the resort, I just couldn’t stop fishing so I decided to take a stroll down the shoreline and tried my luck. I was able to spot a few bonefish but by the time they were within my sight, they were able to spot me before I can do anything about it. At the end of the day, I was able to catch a tiny barracuda and few snappers but I wasn’t a happy camper at this point.









































Patty said a few encouraging words to me but I forgot what they were….

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how this unfolds...thanks for the excellent updates (keep it coming!). I've never caught a baracuda before, scary fish. Man I wished I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 날씨때문에 고생좀 했구나, 내일 통화 하자.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles,
    Really enjoyed your Bahamas trip blogs!!!! Totally awesome pics and great video clip!

    Tight lines!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete