Sunday

Beating the Winter Itch

You can only tie so many flies so I went out to KLG (Ken Lockwood Gorge) with James from the Autumn Brook Angling to ease my winter itch.












The challenge will be locating pools that are well oxygenated slow deep pools. While we are walking along the bank of the river, we were able to see a lot of fish that are in slow feeding lanes. Due to clarity of winter water, stealthy approach was necessary to every fishing holes.















Feeding pattern was definitely different from the warmer seasons. It is a lot more subtle so as a beginner in high sticking method, I had a hard time distinguishing from snag to actual bite. With knowledgeable instruction from James, I was able to distinguish the difference between snag and bite which ultimately result in catching trout.















Out of a dozen trout hooked, we were able to land 6 fish including a sucker and a couple of beautiful wild browns.



3 comments:

  1. Man, I need to get out. I've been pretty lazy this winter, using the snow, the cold, and work as excuses to stay in and keep my lines dry. You've inspired me to get out this week. Nice fish, say hello to James for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 이번주 나가보려 했는데, 또 다시 눈오고 완전이 추워 졌다...재기랄. 잠시라도 날씨 따뜻 해지면 바로 튀여 나가야 한다는 교훈이네...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 낚시하면서 느낀건데 주위에서 날보고 weatherman 이래. 하도 정확하게 시간별로 알고있어서...

    ReplyDelete