Wednesday

fish standing



Everyone has a hero in their lives. For me it is my father. As far as my memory stretches, my father has always been a pretty serious outdoors man. He has travelled every continent, to see the place again from the top of a mountain. My childhood is full of memories of travelling different places with him, to see the wonderful things that mother nature built around us. He was a pretty busy man, but he would always make time to do the thing he liked to do. He was a man who knew how to deeply appreciate nature, and he often shared those moments with us as kids. He liked fishing, but I don’t ever recall him fishing inland. He always preferred the ocean and I remember a conversation where he told me that fishing should be done standing. His character was not the type to sit and wait for the fish, and I think this had deep influence over me. I think a big part of why I fish is because fishing helps to remember the times we fished together. I think he would have been pretty proud to see me actually catch fish.
(that's my father with the red shorts)

No comments:

Post a Comment