Thursday

dreams of fish



Since I was a child, I have often had very vivid & symbolic dreams. There are times when I would wake and recall each detail from my dreams. There are certain things I know for sure, such as that I am certain that I dream in color. Colors such as yellow, blue, black, white, purple are seen often, but some colors like red are seen in my dreams but I am not sure if it was red/black or just red. In any case, I have kept a dream log in different stages of my life and when I read them, I recall what I saw, even today. In the past couple of years, I’ve been having a few dreams where fish are involved. And since this is my blog site for fishing, I will write about some of the imagery I have seen.

Dreams are cool because sometimes you are things that you are not. I’ve had dreams where I have actually turned into a lure, or the fish chasing it, or the body of water around it, or all of it those things at the same time. It’s like watching a movie where the camera angle changes rapidly from one to another, but even more so I feel the water flowing around. Last night I had a dream where I was the fish, and I was swimming all around the world, from oceans to small streams, and I was looking for something. I was the big, predator fish seeking something. My scales were huge, and each one shined bright like a silver armor. They moved like I was wearing armor and each scale made a metallic sound when I swam. The funny thing about last night’s dream was I knew I was dreaming. Dreams get exponentially more interesting when you realize you are in a dream, and you then try to maintain that dream for as long as you can (which inevitably wakes me). What was more weird is that I realized that I was in a dream, and when I woke up (in my dream) and I was still the fish. So I was a fish dreaming about fish. So I woke up twice, once as a fish, and once as a person. I have to try to remember what I ate and drank last night … the combination must have been good.

In different cultures fish symbolizes different things. Common symbolisms are: sacrifice, fertility, prosperity, wisdom, spirituality, intuition, insight…among others. For me, it likely symbolizes the frustration of not being able to fish because everything is frozen over, and my waiting for spring to arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment