Sunday

Getting ready for the move...

In a few weeks, I will be moving the family to Seoul. I stood by the Han River yesterday, thinking about the move, about the fishing opportunities when I get here, and of all the places & people I will miss in the Midwest. I've been meaning to plan my last fishing trip(s) in the Midwest before my departure, but that window of opportunity seems to be shrinking really fast with all the last minute move prep stuff. Still I hope to squeeze in a trip before I head out. I don't know why but it's always like this... as soon as I really love a place, it's time to move on. Midwest will always be the place where I started fly fishing, and always be home in that way. I thought about this today, standing at the banks of a river on the other side of the planet.

4 comments:

  1. It's never easy to depart people and place you love. Hope your planning works out smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little crazy but things are moving along. 현철아, 내가 먼저 가서 기다리고 있을께, 그리고 좋은곳 많이 알아 놀께. 이번 주말에 돌아가서 전화할깨.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes you feel better is that Korea as being small size country; it is one of the best locations for fly fishing in Asia. And top of that, I will be here too. We will have great time here brother.

    Charles and friends, I also forgot to formally mention that I recently move back to Korea too due to family situation. As you know Charles, I can guide you in Korea whenever you come. Please make a another plan here. I will have much better places to take you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ksanchun, Hope you were able work out the family situation. I remember when we first met in Korea. Fly fishing was a new concept for me at the time and you made it very enjoyable for me and Patty. I can't wait to get together again in Korea.

    ReplyDelete