Monday

Friendship and Fishing

I am a very competitive person. However, I didn’t realize that fly fishing can and will bring out intense competitiveness in me until Gonefishing showed up and fished together last week.














I like the whole serenity and calm aspect of fly fishing which is very therapeutic from everyday grinding and exact reason why I got into the experience. So I found myself wondering why mix competition into the experience which I cherish for the reason that is opposite of something I want to get away from.














And then I realized that I’ve always believed that good friends should always encourage each other to do better. I’m not sure if Gonefishing’s incredible ability to smack talk which obviously triggered my competitive sense was intentional or not, but the smack talk made me wanting to do better. For a reason which I wanted to show my closest friend that I am on my way to become a capable angler.














At the end of the trip, I was thinking that we should of fished more shoulder to shoulder talking and observing each other. Regardless, I always cherish time spent fishing with good friends and this experience will be cherished none the less.

1 comment:

  1. There’s a whole lot of brotherly love on this blog … When I think about the future, I see a good one with friends on the water waving our expensive fishing sticks. Let’s just face it, old age won’t stop us from acting like fools or make us any less competitive. And that’s what I love about it bro.

    ReplyDelete