Monday

I hate them















I hate them & they are actually keeping me away from the fishing. I am covered in repellant, have a net over my head, but nothing will stop these beasts. I must say, they are highly effective – small, leaves a lasting itch, and psychologically intimidating. Bastards, damn them. I need a boat...

Mosquito Facts:

* An adult mosquito can live as long as 5 months. It may take several months for a larva to develop to the adult stage in very cold water.
* An adult female mosquito weighs about 2.0 milligrams.
* An adult female mosquito takes in about 5-millionths of a liter of blood in a single meal.
* A mosquito wing beats from 300 to 600 times per second.
* Male mosquitoes find female mosquitoes by listening to the sound of their wings beating. The males can actually identify the correct species by the pitch of the female's wings.
* Mosquitoes can fly about 1 to 1.5 miles per hour.
* A mosquito can detect the carbon dioxide you exhale from about 60 to 75 feet away.
* In the interest of science, Arctic researchers uncovered their chests, arms, and legs; then they reported as many as 9000 mosquito bites per person, per minute. At this rate, an unprotected human would lose one half of his/her blood supply in approximately two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment