Monday

new house



My friend just completed his new house this week and I went over to congratulate him on his new home. He designed much of it himself, and I know he poured a lot of his heart into the place. The place looked beautiful, and the movers were just starting to bring in some stuff today. I took a stroll down his back yard, following the peninsula that was part of the house. It backs up to a small but deep lake. I could not fight the urge, so I walked back to the car for my rod & some flies. The fish at this lake were naïve, striking at anything that dropped on the surface. I stood there for about 15 minutes, and caught about nine bluegills. All were healthy and medium sized, which is promising for other larger fish. I’ll have to work something out with my friend, so that I make use of this grounds…maybe I’ll rake the lawn or something in exchange to fish these waters. It’s good to have friends who own land with good fishing in the backyard.

1 comment: