Saturday

Something big, something small, & something different


















With my time running out with our stay in Hawaii and being tied up with work plus family activity, I went out on a “midnight shark hunt” on one of the party boat charters. It was exactly what I’ve come to expect on the charter boats, an odd ball group of people, all pretty horny to catch some big game sharks. We were fishing with 400pound line, with hooks that are bigger than the forceps that we use to release fish in fly fishing. Using steak sized bait (tuna & barracuda) I did manage to hook up with couple of nice sized sharks (although second one foul hooked). I reeled, then the ship mate handled & released the fish (cutting the hook right in the middle - the hook will corrode and fall out eventually). It was fun, but something I don't need to do for a while. Sitting out on the boat, I thought about Charles & his boat...and how I wanted to be on that boat. The other day, while chasing Oio (bone fish) without much success, I did hook a small fish which looked like a mullet of some sort. Whatever the catch, I am thankful for being out on the waters, a sure medicine for the soul.







3 comments:

  1. You know how to keep your self near fish. It sure is appreciative to meet fish one form or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something wrong with the concept that you are using perfectly good meat (Tuna) to catch shark. You better catch some Oio before your times up in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man~ (once again) what kind of job do you have? Just envious of your adventures....

    ReplyDelete