Sunday

Happy Winter Tying

Today, I stop by the fly shop that I go regularly to tie some flies for the spring season. I tied caddis and parachute mainly in different colors and sizes. During one moment that I was finish tying a #18 size white parachute, Mr. Lee who is my tying mentor saw me using whip finisher in awkward way because of the fly size, and he right away showed me how to use that to finish tying small fly with easy method. It was simple and small part of tying technique, but I really appreciate to learn that at that moment. This kind of learning experience makes my first winter fly fishing season still brings me the joy and the excitement.

2 comments:

  1. tell us, oh padawon, the secret of whip finishing tiny flies......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Here's a way to whip finish with just your hands. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKnlD0MLrwM&feature=related) Works better on larger flies.

    ReplyDelete