Thursday

The relationship between Fly Casting & Popping (yes popping)















My close friend Jonathan went out with the Rainbow Fly Fishing Club in Korea to Kang Won Do and caught a few local Cherry Trouts (aka Masou Trout). He’s been fly fishing for only a couple of years but has taken it on with a fury. I could tell by his first casts of the fly line that he’s got the “rhythm”. Both he and I used to break dance (specifically popping) when we were younger (and a lot thinner) and I am strongly convinced that this has something to do with the way we casts lines. There are other factors such as that we are both designers, with understanding of how a line should flow, but I still think that popping has more to do with fly fishing. Popping ain’t going to work for us, and the last time I tried a back spin, the fat on my back brought the spin to an sudden halt(I got a quarter turn...). We better stick to fly fishing, Jon.


No comments:

Post a Comment