Thursday

putting that light rod to good use...



Another carp on that ultra light rod. I’ll need a new one soon, as I think I am wearing this one out. Smaller largemouth and lots and lots of bluegills. I like catching bluegills, but I sometimes wish they would let the lure get to the target species. This carp was lighter than the last one (not so fat in the mid section) and therefore faster & more of a fight. A lot of thrashing around before it swam into the net. And yes, I’ve been using the net more often, comes in handy when the bank is a little steep (and the line is under 4lbs). Carp sure ain't the prettiest fish, but they are large and fairly strong, gives a good fight. It’s my guess, but I also think they smell more fishy than other species. I had to drive home with the net hanging on the outside of the car.














No comments:

Post a Comment